A new iPhone is always a cause for celebration. There are so many things to explore and do with your new device that it can be tough to know where to start. We’ve prepared together with a list of the 15 best things you should do when you first get your new iPhone.
The latest iPhone always has new and improved features that you’ll want to check out. There’s always something new to explore, whether it’s a new camera, processor, or design. iMessage and Facetime are great ways to connect with friends and family. Knowing where to start can be difficult, so we’ve compiled a list.
Check-list when you get a new iPhone
Here are the 15 best things you need to do when you first get your new iPhone:
- Check out the new features: Each new iPhone comes with new and improved features. Be sure to check out everything your new phone can do!
- Update your apps: With a new iPhone comes iOS updates. Make sure all of your apps are up-to-date to take advantage of the latest and greatest features.
- Customize your settings: Take some time to personalize your new iPhone to your liking. This includes setting up Touch ID, adjusting screen brightness, and more.
- Organize your home screen: One of the best things about a new iPhone is the opportunity to start with a clean slate. Organize your apps into folders and create a home screen that works for you.
- Set up iCloud: iCloud is a great way to back up your new iPhone and keep your files and data safe. Be sure to set it up as soon as you can.
- Transfer your data: If you’re coming from an old iPhone, you’ll want to transfer all of your data to your new device. Luckily, there are a few different ways to do this.
- Explore new apps: With a new iPhone comes the chance to explore new apps. Take some time to peruse the App Store and see what’s new and exciting.
- Change your wallpaper: A new iPhone is a perfect opportunity to change your wallpaper. Choose something that reflects your style.
- Set up Do Not Disturb: Do Not Disturb is a great way to limit distractions and get peace. Be sure to set it up to use it when you need it.
- Configure notifications: Configuring your notifications is a great way to stay top of what’s important to you. Select which apps you need to get notifications from and how you want to be notified.
- Turn on location services: Many iPhone features rely on location services. Be certain to turn it on to take advantage of things like Maps and Find My iPhone.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: A new iPhone is an ideal option to connect to new and different Wi-Fi networks. Be sure to take advantage of this and connect to as many as possible.
- Update your contacts: A new iPhone is a great time to update your contacts list. Add new people, delete old ones, and make sure all your information is up-to-date.
- Back up your data: As with any new device, it’s important to back up your data. This way, you can rest assured of the best, knowing that your files and data are safe.
- Optimize Battery Settings: One of the most important things you can do with your new iPhone is to inspect your battery health. This will help you determine how to best optimize your battery settings.
These are just a few of the good things you can do when you first get your new iPhone. Make sure to take some time to explore all that your new phone has to offer. And enjoy your new device!